Emissions Senior Waivers
The State of Georgia offers a Senior Waiver to eliminate the emission requirement for annual tag renewals. The requirements are:
- You are 65 years of age or older
- Your vehicle is 10 model years old or older
- You do not drive the vehicle over 5,000 miles per year
- You are the primary register vehicle owner
To apply for the waiver, please fill out the form found here
Disabled parking placards are available to anyone who is temporarily or permanently disabled. Only one disabled parking placard is allowed per individual. Individuals can move the placard to any vehicle in which they are traveling. There is no charge for a disabled placard.
To receive a disabled parking placard you may apply either in person or via mail:
- Your doctor must complete and notarize form MV-9D and then this must be submitted to our office along with a copy of your Georgia driver’s license or ID card.
- A signed and dated statement by a doctor on prescription paper may be submitted including the disabled person’s name and whether the disability is permanent or temporary. The prescription paper must include the doctor’s printed name, address, phone number and the doctor’s license number. This document can be submitted along with a copy of your Georgia driver’s license or ID card.