Douglas County Tax Commissioner’s Office is in full operational status with normal business hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m. and closed for lunch from 12:00PM-1:00pm We are following public health guidance set forth by Douglas Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to keep you safe. To ensure you have the latest information as we navigate our new operating environment, we have created this dedicated information hub. Here you can find the latest information about how we are responding to COVID-19, review our new processes and procedures, learn how to prepare for a visit to our office get answers to frequently asked questions and more.
In efforts to provide safe and exceptional customer service, we are doing our part to protect our staff and Douglas County residents. This includes:
- Following social distancing guidelines;
- Implementing hand hygiene protocols;
- Limiting the number of customers in our offices; and
- Performs COVID deep cleanings during our scheduled lunch time from 12:00p.m.-1p.m.
Avoid the Lines
While the priority of our office is the overall safety of our staff and Douglas County residents, the safest options for service are to utilize e-services, tag kiosks, drop box, and mail. This allows you to avoid the lines and conduct many of your business needs from home.
Click the links below for specific information regarding each option.
Drop Box Location Located on the left hand side of the parking lot of the Annex Building
Mailing Address: 6200 Fairburn Road Douglasville, GA 30134
New Tag Office Procedures
In order to provide a safe and exceptional customer service, here are some new processes and procedures you can expect at our Tag Offices:
- With limited number of customers in our office please keep in mind we could reach full capacity and will have to cut off our line earlier during our closing for lunch.
- We are closed from 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m. as well for lunch as well as for cleaning for your safety and ours.
- Customers MUST you to wear a face mask before entering the building and while in the building.
- No titles will be given from 11:45a.m. -12:00p.m. and from 4:15p.m.-4:30p.m.
- Businesses with 15 or more tag renewals must drop off with check payment. Businesses processing titles must call ahead for appointments.
- Please ensure all forms are filled out completely before arriving to the office. You will be unable to complete any documents in the lobby or at the service window. If you do not have all of your documents ready, you will be asked to leave the line and must check-in again once all of your documents are complete.
- At time of payment, convenient contactless pay is an option available for usage.